Sunday, July 1, 2007

Again Tomorrow

Tonight, I found myself in a raid group for the first time in, geez, a very long time. I popped in for a quick DM rare check and was invited to take a shot at Prince with the new crew. I hesitated at first, since I start a new job tomorrow and didn't want to spend too much time online tonight. But "what the hell," I thought. I had the time.

Running Karazhan with a completely different group than what I'm used to took a bit of adjustment. Actually, being in a raid altogether was a bit of newness again. After getting re-acquainted with the mayor of Aggro City, I started to get things back in order while in my familiar DPS role. On Prince himself, however, I realized a new-found respect for raid-leading, as I was in charge of watching the incoming Infernals and moving the group accordingly. My DPS suffered quite a bit, as I was more worried about when and where Infernals were dropping and keeping track of Enfeeble than I was about when to time my DoTS and Shadowbolts for max damage. On average, I was 2nd in DPS behind another Warlock (by about 3-5% at times), which still wasn't bad.

This was Equinox's first attempt at doing the Infernal Dance, as I call it -- basically moving around Infernals in a fluid manner instead of staying in one spot as long as possible. We did very well and everyone seemed to be on the ball about their positioning, but just as it was with Prom Kings, luck played a major role, and tonight, luck wasn't on our side.

The guild is going to try again tomorrow, and I'm sure that once we get a decent Infernal pattern, Prince will go down hard. In the meantime, I'm thinking about respeccing to pick up my DPS a little bit, grabbing Ruin and Contagion. I'll be taking a pretty significant hit on the Stamina front, but if I'm not worried about PvPing all that much (a decision I have yet to make), it wouldn't be a significant loss. I dunno, we'll see.

Props to ya Jade. Calling the Infernals is kinda annoying. And no wonder I was usually ahead of ya DPS-wise during complicated Prince encounters. Being busy vs. DPS'ing ftl!

7 comments:

Jesika said...

hey bitch, now you know how it felt to be me and having you brag about your fucking dps all of the time. gratz.

Jagoex said...

zomg, I never bragged. The numbers just spoke loudly by themselves. XD

Zy said...

Haha jago. You finally learned your lesson about being a meter whore. The meter is for people who really aren't doing anything important/amazing but want to think they are.

Arydan/Impervious said...

lol. i hate that fight. its more luck than skill. Even my guild's kara runs gets fucked over by shitty infernal placement ):

Jagoex said...

Zy, doing 25% of the damage during a boss encounter is anything but unimportant, but yeah, it's usually those who can put 100% of their focus into DPS that are the ones who can pull those numbers.

Ary, I TOTALLY AGREE. I am starting to hate the fight more and more with every passing week.

Gorganis said...

The tank is the only person who really needs to move on this fight. There are areas on the plateau where infernals never drop. Just keep a close eye where they drop and you'll spot them soon enough. ;-)

Jagoex said...

So, what happens when the tank has to move too far away from one of those spots?