Saturday, July 7, 2007

All It Would Take

I stumbled across a pretty interesting article today. It pretty much highlights (very briefly) what all tech-loving gamers already know: the Apple iPhone is incredibly lacking when it comes to gaming, but also that it would seemingly make for a wonderful gaming platform. I mean, just look at the thing. It has a wonderful touch-sensitive widescreen, is Wi-Fi capable, has a pretty decent processing engine, and is TINY. What else could one really ask for in a mobile gaming platform?

I haven't jumped onto the iPhone bandwagon just yet, but for me, gaming would be all it would take. I mean, can you even imagine...


O.O

10 comments:

4n0n3m0u5e said...

certainly looks pretty
Fred

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Yes please.

Zy said...

IF Steven Colbert ever gets an iphone I will consider it. But only if he makes it funny.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised Apple has not opened this up to game makers. It makes perfect sense, and I would buy one without hesitation.

Zy said...

Apple and Macintosh are know for their exclusivity in compatibility with other products. The games will likely be similar to the selection that the Wii has for download. Which is to say - not a lot so far...

Anonymous said...

If Warcraft was available for the iPhone, humankind would cease to exist because no one would find the time to breed.

Jagoex said...

Heh, it would definitely spell the end of productivity as we know it, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

sex>warcraft!!!!!!!

Fuzzywuzzy said...

Portable WoW would be the start of the Apocalypse. Farming primals while on the bus, oh my.

Jagoex said...

The one thing (and probably a good reason) that Apple didn't push gaming with this thing is the battery life. I'm sure even a simple game of Super Mario Bros. would just suck the thing dry, and since I don't think you can easily pop in a fresh battery whenever you need one or even plug the thing into a power outlet, you'd have to play your games close to your iPhone dock or a USB port -- which kinda defeats the purpose of a "mobile" platform.

Still, it'd be nice to have the option though. Can't wait to see some emulators up and running on this thing. =)