Sunday, July 8, 2007

47 Computers, 7 Monitors, 2 Chairs, 0 Real Friends

Back in the day, I thought I was pretty special when I used to play WoW on three seperate systems all at once. I ran one desktop and two laptops, and while "special" probably isn't the word I should use to describe it, the setup was definitely overkill a bit. So, imagine my shock when I read up on a guy who runs WoW on 47 computers and 7 monitors! I mean, that's just a power-leveling beast if I ever saw one, and since the setup includes 2 chairs, he can even bring along one of his Chinese gold-farming friends to help with the endless grinding.

Here's a pic of the rig, and the 0 real friends he has to enjoy it with. =P


Crazy, yes? Looking at the pic, I'm not even exactly sure what the hell is going on or even if it's legit. But it must be. I mean, someone who has the patience and skill to line up all of those WoW boxes like that has to be a master of networking, am I right?

/inadequacy ftl

12 comments:

Jesika said...

Old news man. Get with the times.

Zy said...

Most of that isn't necessarily used at one time jago :P

Jagoex said...

So, then, what's the point?

Zy said...

Honestly, whats the point either way?

Jagoex said...

Start 4 alts, /follow a Lvl 70, bam. A power-leveling machine. That seems like a rather realistic use of a setup like this.

Zy said...

A more realistic setup would be to get more monitors and hire some farmers. ;) 40 more computers than there are monitors ftl. Also there are only 2 chairs. I mean wtf. I bet the guy just runs a warehouse or something lol

Jagoex said...

Zy, the last thing someone that someone who wants to make money is going to do is create more expense for himself. I mean sure, it's cheap labor and what not, but for such a potentially small-scale deal, I wouldn't want to hire anyone else to do a job I could do myself either.

Btw, he's probably got his comps hooked up to the same monitor. I mean, all he needs is a vga or hdmi switch and he's potentially got every comp hooked up.

Jesika said...

actually, some people multi-box for pvp.

as in... 4 mages all essentially macro'd together, played by one person.

can imagine a chain of PoM pyro-blast in arena.

pre-bc a guy definitely had that going on. look it up on youtube sometime. it'll make you cry... because a bunch of mages doing the exact same thing together in pvp... is painful.

Zy said...

Productivity = money. Thats all the point I am making :)

Anonymous said...

The guy jade speaks of plays on my other server lol.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=114924225&sid=1

-DC

Anonymous said...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?
topicId=114924225&sid=1

try that, minus the space between ? and topic.

Jagoex said...

Geezus. That's either incredibly impressive or pathetic. I can't tell. =)