The whole situation got me thinking about the warning signs of guild doom-hood (is that even a word?), and after talking with a few good buddies of mine from the EU, we've come up with a list of characteristics that seem universal... to me, anyway. =P
Check them out (they're in no particular order), and let me know what you think!
- You spend more time outside an instance in an evening than actually raiding it.
- You have to wait an extra 60 mins for "backups" to sign in to fill your raid party.
- You're on your 3rd newly recruited "MT" in as many weeks.
- You only have one player filling a "main" tanking role.
- The guild transferred servers.
- Summoned raiders always arrive flagged for PvP.
- Ventrillo is silent... or way loud... after a wipe.
- "Farm" encounters are farming you.
- You have more canceled raids than raid sign ups.
- Officers disband a raid when everyone else wants to try new content.
- Many guildies quit the game, only to be found playing an alt on another server.
- No one signs on for so-called "Wipe Nights."
- The guild's "best" attend raids less and less.
- You have more "farm" content scheduled than new content.
- Guild chat is all about the new PvP epics.
- Farming honor or doing daily quests take greater priority than prepping guild members for raids.
- Your GM takes an extended leave... twice...
- Everyone jumps into different vent channels after a raid.
Got anything else to add? Let me know in the comments.